COMETSA presents the monthly COMETSA PMS LEKGOTLA Network
- Host & Facilitator: Sam Tsima, CEO, COMETSA GoC International (Pty) Ltd
- Co-Facilitator: Dr Dumisani Magadlela, Executive Coach=
Details: COMETSA PMS Work-Integrated Learning Network (WILNet)
- Train-The-Facilitator Session: COMETSA PMS The LEKGOTLA Way Learning & Development Methodology, By Sam Tsima, CEO, COMETSA GoC International (Pty) Ltd
- Guest Presentation: Cooperative Work-Integrated Education (CWIE) vs Work-Integrated Learning (WIL), By Boni Gantile, Chief Executive Officer, Southern African Society for Cooperative Education (SASCE), www.sasce.net
- Date: Saturday, 13/05/2017; Time: 09h00 – 13h00
- Venue:The Mannah Executive Guest Lodge, Hotel & Conference Centre, 39 Pomona Road (M32), Kempton Park,
- Fees: Volunteers = R 290.00 (excl. VAT); Members = R 350.00 (excl. VAT); Non-Members = R 390.00 (excl. VAT)
- RSVP: COMETSA Office, Ms Portia Diketane, Tel. +27 (11) 974 9308; Email: callcentre@Cometsa-GoC.com ; www.Cometsa-GoC.comm ; www.samtsima.comm
- COMETSA PMS Work-Integrated Learning Network (WILNet): In South Africa Work-Integrated Learning is often confused with learnerships, graduate programmes, and on the job training after completion of studies. Work-Integrated Learning is an integral part of the studies (the diploma or degree). It is a partnership between the vocational office of the college or university, often referred to as Cooperative Education Department, Faculties, and Industry. The Cooperative Education Department works closely with the industry to determine the availability of learning spaces in the companies, while the Faculty Coordinators are there to make sure that the student fulfills the faculty academic requirements as they go through the programme in the industry. All the Universities of Technology in South Africa, and some other Comprehensive & Traditional Universities are members of the Southern African Society for Cooperative Education (SASCE), www.sasce.net , which advances Cooperative Work-Integrated Education (CWIE) and Learning (WIL). Some TVET Colleges are also members of SASCE.
About the Guest Speaker: Mr Boni Gantile
Boni is the CEO of SASCE and a founding member of Supreme ICT Academy. He has more than 30 years as an ICT specialist, operations manager and strategists. More than 10 years as a Human Resources Executive, majority of it in Learning and Development. He is a registered Master HR Professional with SABPP and holds a MSc Degree in Management of Technology and innovation. He is a Board member with the World Association on Cooperative Education (WACE), and with the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).